The Leonardo da Vinci Thematic Group on
Validation & Credit transfer”
The Thematic Group on Transparency of qualifications, validation of non-formal and informal learning, credit transfer is one of the five thematic groups established by the European Commission in the framework of Thematic Monitoring activities within the Leonardo da Vinci Sectoral Programme.
Project promoters and beneficiaries are the first target of our initiatives, which are more generally addressed to all stakeholders (policy makers, experts, practitioners) who have an interest in the themes and have the possibility to benefit from the projects results.
The purpose of our group is to facilitate the exchange of best practices and experiences throughout Europe in these fields, so as to improve transnational cooperation and highlight the results and achievements of innovative projects carried out in the framework of the Programme. In 2007 this aim will be pursued through the organisation of two thematic events, the production of compendia of relevant projects, the elaboration of reports and information material.
The group is managed by the Italian Leonardo da Vinci National Agency (ISFOL). The National Agencies from Austria, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Norway, Romania, Slovak Republic, Sweden, The Netherlands, as well as an organisation representing relevant stakeholders in the Crafts sector (The Masters of Crafts Norway – Mesterbrevnemnda) are participating in this Thematic Group’s activities. The management group also includes the European Commission – Directorate General for Education and Culture and the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The Leonardo da Vinci Sectoral Programme
Leonardo da Vinci is a sectoral arrangement in the framework of the new Lifelong Learning Programme 2007-2013, which specifically promotes Community policy and concrete initiatives in the area of Vocational Education and Training (VET). Leonardo fosters transnational co-operation in this field by supporting in particular:
- mobility programmes for young trainees, people on the labour market and VET professionals;
- multilateral projects for the development or transfer of innovative training outputs;
- partnerships and thematic networks among relevant actors and stakeholders.
Connections to ECVET, EQF, Europass
and Common principles on validation
The focus of the Thematic Group has connections with relevant Community policies related, for instance, to:
- the establishment of a European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and the related national frameworks,
- the implementation of the European Credit Transfer System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET),
- the promotion of the Single Framework on Transparency of Qualifications and Competences and its arrangements (Europass),
- the implementation and development of the Common European Principles on the Identification and Validation of non-formal and informal learning.